Friday, September 21, 2007

Solo Ride to Udvada for lunch on Sunday, the 29042007

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Ride to Udvada

Solo Ride to Udvada for lunch on Sunday, the 29th April 2007.
Followed by an inddiethumpers meeting at Arey milk colony

I am on the whole a leave starved biker.
One principle which stand very true in my case is the number of plans/rides, is inversely proportional to the number of constraints faced.
Since I had an off on Sunday the 29th of April, I decided to ride somewhere.. The search for the ideal place began, this concluded when my moms reminded me of a place we had visited once.
So the location was decided as Udvada. Udvada is a Zorastrian town in Gujarat.

The route was: Bandra, Dahisar, Manor, Charoti, Talasri, Vaapi, Pardi, Udvada.

Set off from Bandra at 5am, (on time, hehe) reached Dahisar Check naaka by 540. Had an amazing cruise in Bombay, the morning time makes for an idea time to ride in the Bombay suburbs, not too much traffic and also the fact that the private pick-and-drop indica's are a little scarce at this time of the morning.

Stopped at manor for a chai and a smoke, gobbled up some amazing bhurji at Hotel Mastaan, followed by the traditional Ice Cream.
Continued along what might be my favorite road in Maharashtra, the road from Manor to past Charoti continuing right up to Talasri and the turn of for Daman and Silvasa. This road is my favorite for a couple of simple reasons, it’s an incredible semi-twisting road, with rough tarmac, (amazing grip for your tires, tried scraping my foot pegs, was quite successful!!), and this is the road on which I had once done a mile a minute with the Iron Horsemen MC.

The road to Talasri was pretty much abandoned, which made for an amazing ride! Vaapi junction was quite a nightmare, fortunately it was short lived.

Reached Udvada by 10am (made pretty lousy time). Headed for the rickshaw stand for directions, was led to the Globe hotel. A hearty meal of some amazing malvani food, followed by patra ni machi, dhansak, and a rice prep; the name of which I am unable to recall, and I was all set to take on the beaches. Headed to the beach, had a nice time basing in the sun, got my clothes full of sand though ;) Was quite hot, good thing there was a naaryal waala there; he was amazed to see this guy pull up with the helmet, ray bans and a bandana (my terrorist biker look). The poor fella was even more surprised to see me gulp down two naryal paanis. Headed back to the Globe hotel, has a slight wash up, managed to get most of the sand out of me clothes...

Then headed back, reached home at 330, just in time to have a bath and get going for the Inddiethumpers meet. Gave my baby some time to cool her self down too.
Reached Arey Milk colony at sharp 430, forgot to take into account IST (Inddiethumpers Standard Time), by 530 we were all there, had some discussions about a ride to Daman on the 19-20th of May, and also a lot of discussions and tips for the Leh ride.
We then headed off to Powai - Pop tates, where we let ourselves act like thorough-bred bikers, eating, drinking, smoking, making merry!

Reached home at 9:30pm.

Covered approx 500kms, had some amazing food, a nice visit to the beach, met up with some kickass bikers. What an amazing way to spend a Sunday!!

No comments: